Applying directly to the University
Using the Apply online button on our course pages is the preferred option for pathway applications. This method allows you to upload your supporting documents at the time of application and automatically receive your student application number.
When you apply for a pathway programme, you must state which undergraduate or postgraduate degree you are intending to progress on to, upon successful completion of your programme.
You can use the links below to start your online application.
International Foundation Programmes
If for any reason, you are not able to apply online, then you can download a PDF application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download application form
If you are accepted you will receive one offer letter for the International Foundation Programme or Pre-Masters, followed by the appropriate degree programme. Once you have successfully completed the International Foundation Programme or Pre-Masters and achieved the required grades, you can gain direct admission on to your chosen degree at Northumbria.
In order for us to assess your application in a timely manner, it is important that you provide us with the following:
- Fully completed application form – your personal email address must be included on application form
- Transcripts and/or certificates (including a certified translation if not in English)
- Passport – copy of personal details page
- Proof of financial sponsorship if applicable
- Confirmation of immigration history including copies of previous and current visas if applicable
- Portfolio if required (Art, Design and Media portfolios only to be sent with application. Any other courses requiring a portfolio you will be notified how to send, after we receive your application). The portfolio should include a 15 page PDF document (10MB max) and comprise of:
- A range of drawing styles
- Some computer work
- Colour exploration
- Cultural inspiration
- Multimedia exploration
- Model-making/3D work
- A collation of visual imagery
If you are applying online you can upload all relevant documents at point of application. If you are submitting a PDF application form, please enclose copies of all documents with your application form.
Application forms and guides